As a real estate investor, you understand that every dollar you spend toward your rental property must yield some level of a return for it to be a sound investment. New landlords need to be especially adamant about cutting costs wherever possible, as they work from scratch to build a cash-flow positive rental as soon as possible. That is why, as a cost-cutting measure, many choose to self-manage their property. Sadly, too many investors are willing to place their rental home—an incredibly valuable asset—in unqualified hands. Even if you have the time, energy, and expertise needed to self-manage, you may still end up losing.
New investors often don’t realize the complexities and risks of managing tenants and properties. Inexperience can lead to longer vacancies and costly mistakes which can, in some case, result in financial ruin. At Real Property Management, we understand that the decision to partner with a professional management company can be difficult. That’s why we offer a competitive 90-day, risk-free, money-back guarantee for our services.
Why You Should Hire Our Professional Fairfield Property Management
At Real Property Management, we help you make owning a rental property as easy as possible by pairing you with our team of trusted property managers in Fairfield, CT. We have streamlined the entire property management process and taken the guesswork out of managing your rental. Here’s what you can expect from choosing to work with us:
Local Expertise — Knowing the unique character of the neighborhood your rental is located in and how the demographics of the region play into building a targeted marketing strategy for your specific rental property is vital. Our extensive knowledge of federal, state and local regulations regarding insurance, licensing and fair practices laws will help keep your investment safe from unnecessary litigation.
Shorter Vacancy Times — Long vacancy times equal lost revenue. Our number one goal is to find you the right tenants quickly, fill your vacancy and create a customer service experience that encourages them to rent with you longer. Our extensive advertising network allows us to aggressively market your property, attracting higher quality applicants. Our knowledge of the local rental market helps us develop optimized rental rates that contribute to shorter vacancy periods.
Comprehensive Applicant Screening — Properly vetting applicants saves you time, money, and hassle. Accepting the wrong tenant can lead to rent delays, property damage, higher turnover and even increase your legal liability. As one of the most trusted Fairfield property management companies, Real Property Management has developed a thorough screening process to find the quality tenants for your rental. Our screening process includes:
- Initial pre-screening phone interview and required applications for every tenant over 18 years old.
- Income verification (combined income of applicants should equal at least three times the rent rate).
- Criminal background and credit check.
- Rental history verification to avoid applicants with previous evictions or judgments.
- Professional references request.
We train our agents to conduct these screenings in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and are vigilant to use the same criteria for all applicants.
Efficient Rent Collection — Property owners can rest easy knowing they can receive their rental income quickly through our direct deposit system. For tenants, we offer an easy-to-use online payment portal, aimed at increasing the rate of on-time rental payments. Late or delinquent payments trigger our escalation protocol and our trained agents act in compliance with all regulatory agencies should an eviction be necessary. To learn more about this, ask one of our knowledgeable agents about our Eviction Protection Program.
Regular Property Inspections and Cost-effective Maintenance — We conduct routine property inspections to help you catch minor issues before they become expensive repairs. Our seasonal interior/exterior inspections ensure tenant compliance and evaluate your property’s current condition. Proactive maintenance will save you money over time. When repairs are needed, our in-house maintenance management team is available to handle all maintenance requests. Paired with our vendor discount program, we help our client minimize expenses. It’s just one more reason why local landlords consider Real Property Management to be the most reliable Fairfield property management company.
Online Reporting and In-House Legal Counsel
Transparency is key to building trust between owners and property managers. That’s why we provide our clients with 24-hour access to their property management reports via our online owner portal. Our comprehensive report documents detail everything from tenant payment histories to maintenance logs. Clients can also access accounting documents and tools to help manage your property portfolios. Our in-house legal council can answer your questions and offer advice to help you reduce your risk of liability and avoid costly litigation.
What Our 90-Day Guarantee Offers
At Real Property Management, our team of highly-trained property managers in Fairfield CT are ready to help you build a profitable investment property. To prove that we are committed to your complete satisfaction, we are offering a risk-free, 90-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with our property management performance, simply contact us within the first 60 days of service your service to initiate our “Make It Right” process. We want to ensure that all your concerns are resolved properly which is why we’ve developed a thorough reconciliation process. If you complete our required “Make It Right” process and are still not satisfied with our performance, we will refund all management fees paid and close your account with a handshake and a smile.
What is the “Make It Right” Process?
Our detailed reconciliation process is aimed providing an opportunity to address your concerns adequately. Here is our complete 10-step process to making things right for our clients:
- First, the Client must provide written notice to Property Manager within 60 days of signing a Management Agreement that the Client is not satisfied by the services provided by the Property Manager.
- Client and Property Manager agree to meet within 3 business days of the notice to define the problem.
- At this meeting, the Client must describe to the Property Manager detailed Client expectations, in specific and measurable terms.
- The Client and Property Manager review the Management Agreement to determine whether the issue responsible the Client’s dissatisfaction and unmet expectations are within the services the Property Manager has agreed to provide to the Client.
- At the meeting, the Client provides documentary proof of any financial loss as a result of the Client’s concern.
- At the meeting, the Property Manager and Client discuss and agree on a solution to the problem that is within the services the Property Manager has agreed to provide to the Client.
- The Client and Property Manager agree on a reasonable schedule for resolving the Client’s concern and a date to meet and confer after the solution is implemented. The Property Manager will prepare a document which describes the Client’s concern, whether it is within the services the Property Manager has agreed to provide to the Client, the proposed solution, timeline for implementing the solution, and the date, time, and location of the post-solution meeting. The Client and Property Manager will both sign the document, signifying that it accurately records the matters agreed upon.
- The Property Manager implements the solution, per the signed resolution agreement.
- The Client and Property Manager meet by the agreed deadline and confer as to whether the solution met the terms of the resolution and is within the services the Property Manager has agreed to provide to the Client.
- If the solution is satisfactory to the Client and within the services the Property Manager has agreed to provide to the Client, the Management Agreement remains in force. If the Property Manager is unable to implement the agreed-upon solution, the Client may then choose to terminate the Management Agreement and be eligible to request a refund of all management fees.
Exclusions from the “Make it Right” process include leasing fees for any property that is rent-ready (as defined by the Property Manager’s Rent-Ready checklist) and has been leased to a qualified tenant (as defined by the Management Agreement or the Property Manager’s written policies).
Why Our Fairfield Property Management Team is Right for You
Investors throughout Southern Connecticut—and nationwide—trust Real Property Management to manage their residential rental properties. With an established infrastructure and over 25 years of industry experience, we have helped thousands of investors avoid costly mistakes, maximize efficiency, and increase revenue. Now with our risk-free 90-day, money-back guarantee, you can rest assured that your investment in hiring our team property managers is money well-spent. Our goal is to provide you with all the tools you need to be a successful landlord.Call one of our Fairfield property management agents today and see how we can best serve you!