As the cooler weather approaches, it’s time to perform some property maintenance so that your investment property is as prepared for the change in weather as you are. Your Fairfield property management team has a few tips to help you through this seasonal maintenance.
Seasonal Maintenance Tips from the Leading Fairfield Property Management Company
With summer winding down quickly and the cooler weather approaching, we recommend some basic services to protect the home and prepare it for colder winter air:
- First in order to avoid expensive repairs
Then you should clean or replace filters, remove build up on fans, cover the outside A/C unit, bleed air from radiators, and check the basement humidity levels.
- Then, step outside for a breath of fresh air … and enjoy the fall landscaping. Fertilization, pruning, and any other lawn care services (such as sprinkler line maintenance) should be completed because it will help keep up the curb appeal of your home.
- Clear rain gutters of any debris from leaves and needles, etc.
- Got a fireplace? Time for a chimney sweep! Why? Because you need to get it in clean working order so tenants can be comfortable and your property safe all season long.
Fairfield Property Managers Are Not Alone in Maintenance Responsibilities
As a property manager, you do have obligations to keep the property well-maintained, your tenants do as well. Here are a few seasonal items they are responsible for:
- First of all, take care of any safety hazards.
- Check electrical sockets in use to ensure they are not warm to the touch.
- Be sure to inspect fire extinguishers in order to make sure they are properly charged.
- Check any alarms throughout the home and install fresh batteries.
- In addition, make sure to review household safety and emergency plans, locate gas and water shut off valves.
- Clean/replace filters and vents as needed and vacuum under all appliances.
- Remember to change furnace filters on a monthly basis because it avoids hazard.
- Ensure all doors and windows shut tightly.
- Clean all drains and traps because it will help ensure proper drainage.
- Finally, tidy up outside by storing hoses and similar items.
As a Fairfield property management company,
It is a priority to help you keep your home and tenants protected by performing seasonal maintenance duties. If you are not up to performing maintenance on your own, contact the leading Fairfield property managers to assist you!